.

.

Discuss the news that appears on the front page of this website.

NOTE: New threads may only be created by the admin in this forum.

Moderators: sg, mods

User avatar
By sg
#89315
Just finished the new PICTURE CLASSIFIEDS functionality

Users can post a classified ad with PICS and receive private message from people interested. By integrating with the forum, it solves all the SPAM issues, and private CONTACT INFO issues.

I updated the link in the LINKS menu
http://www.hanggliding.org/showclassifieds.php
It no longer points to the wiki classifieds page which I will be deleting soon

Now someone POST AN AD AND TEST IT FOR ME :mrgreen: :goodidea:

I still need to ad TAG SEARCHING ability.... thats coming later.
Last edited by sg on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By HangDog
#89317
test test 1, 2, test :mrgreen:
User avatar
By sg
#89318
Ok guys, please dont fill the database with TEST records :lol:

I meant... someone who REALLY has something to sell, please post an AD, with PICS if you can :thumbsup:

Delete the test AD
User avatar
By HangDog
#89319
oops sorry, can it be anything 4 sale or just hg merchandise and wings?
User avatar
By sg
#89320
Just HG related stuff
User avatar
By Holger
#89324
Posted one. Jack, I have a similar classifieds on another website I host. It's a lot of work if the users can't edit their ads. When I have time I will replace it with one of the ready-to-go ones that allow editing by the users.
User avatar
By sg
#89326
I still need to add a DELETE link for the owner of the AD.

That way, they can at least copy paste to a new AD version and then hit DELETE.

Nice to see someone (Holder) knows how to cut/paste photo URL's :wink:
User avatar
By Holger
#89329
sg wrote:I still need to add a DELETE link for the owner of the AD.

That way, they can at least copy paste to a new AD version and then hit DELETE.

Nice to see someone (Holder) knows how to cut/paste photo URL's :wink:
I see. Did I botch up those image urls?

Another thing is automatic expiration. Helpful to know the stuff that is on there is current.
User avatar
By sg
#89332
No, you did the URLs correctly, which is why you can see the pics on your AD. :thumbsup:

The DATE is displayed right next to the AD, and the newest are on top.

Ill leave it up to the users to delete their AD's when they are done, and will manually delete any that are obviously lingering and super old.
User avatar
By Wingspan34
#89334
This is GREAT SG! :drool:

But where is that "Donate" button we're all waiting for? :drool: :drool: :drool:
User avatar
By sg
#89336
Wingspan34 wrote:This is GREAT SG! :drool:

But where is that "Donate" button we're all waiting for? :drool: :drool: :drool:
As I noted in another post. Ill create that in a couple of months after I incorporate so 40% of the donations dont go to Uncle Sam.

I dont want to make the paypal subscriptions users have to re-signup because I switch the system from pointing to ME to my CORP.
Last edited by sg on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Wingspan34
#89338
Yup, I just stumbled on that other post. :roll:

Thanks for all your hard work SG. :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:
User avatar
By TomGalvin
#89348
sg wrote:I dont want to make the paypal subscriptions users have to re-signup because I switch the system from pointing to ME to my CORP.
Why not a non profit? It is a .org
User avatar
By TomGalvin
#89349
Nice job. Couple of observations.

• Need an edit function to be able to fix typos(what's kinkposted?)
• Need a location field(San Diego, Sydney, Lookout?)
• URLs are not clickable
• Preview Pictures are a little small. 300px width instead maybe?
• Title should be click able for separate page for item, so it can be printed, emailed, linked, etc...

I'm sure you have already thought of most of these. Great first cut
Last edited by TomGalvin on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By sg
#89351
Need to minimize my time overhead. I dont want to have to do taxes/financials for 2 entities each year. Going to funnel everything I do through a single LLC. I have lots of other stuff I plan to funnel through this LLC. HG.org will piggyback on my other stuff.
User avatar
By sg
#89352
TomGalvin wrote:Nice job. Couple of observations.

Need an edit function to be able to fix typos(what's kinkposted?)
Need a location field(San Diego, Sydney, Lookout?)
URLs are not clickable
Preview Pictures are a little small. 300px width instead maybe?
Title should be click able for separate page for item, so it can be printed, emailed, linked, etc...

I'm sure you have already thought of most of these. Great first cut
DOH - *location* totally slipped my mind
SG :chair:

Pics are clickable to get the full size - so I kept them smaller so they fit well
User avatar
By sg
#89354
OK - added a LOCATION field.


Holy crap im coding fast :lol: wheeewwww.... :run:
User avatar
By wilburleft
#106425
Mornin SG,

Can I delete my old classified add and put a new one? Mine is the T2 144 posted 9/22/2008.

THX!
User avatar
By sg
#106428
done

I found it easy to cross a range of hills rising 1[…]

I thought that was one of the most beautiful parts[…]

More Fun on My Sport 3 155

...No excuse for the whack. :roll: Is it […]

Shade made it tough for Tony and I. Lift was very […]