sg wrote:I added a random quote to the top of the front page
This reminds me of a quote in a Spanish song that I have here in my PC
at work which sort of relates to flying. The quote is:
"May the baggage never ballast your wings."
The song is by Joaquin Sabina a singer from Spain.
It's title is NOCHES DE BODA (Wedding Nights)
The song is like a list of toasts to the future.
Here I have included the best translation I could of the prose in the song
without the chorus part. As I said the song is like a long list of drinking toasts
to life and the future. (some quite poetic)
Here is Hoping from Now On:
The chorus repeats: that every night would be like a wedding night
- - That your face paint never extinguish your smile.
- That the baggage will never Ballast your WINGS!
- That the calendar will not come with haste.
- That dictionaries will stop bullets.
- That blinds will always open to a new dawn.
- That the wants' win over the coulds'.
- That those that wait will not count the hours.
- That those that kill will die of fear.
- That the end of the World catch you dancing.
- That the stage color your grey hairs.
- That you never know neither how, nor when
and you never conform not yesterday, nor tomorrow.
- That a good heart never goes out of fashion.
- That Autumns tan your skin.
- That truths never have a guilt complex
- That lies would appear just like lies.
- That mirrors never agree with you.
- That it will always favor you to watch what you are seeing.
- That neglect never takes care of you.
- That every meal be like your last supper.
- That being brave will not be so expensive
- That being a coward will not be worth the effort.
- That they never buy you for less than anything.
- That they never sell you love without thorns.
- That they don't put you to sleep with fairy tales.
And that they never close the Bar down the corner.
and that every moon would be like a honeymoon.
here is a link to a live performance of the song (this video cuts short)