Discuss the news that appears on the front page of this website.

NOTE: New threads may only be created by the admin in this forum.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Radwhacker
Just f---ing with ya Doc :mrgreen:

I'm coming out with Sicko Wayne. If you want to use the Fusion it's yours - I'll bring it along just in case you can't score something else.
By Radwhacker
Ya wanna share a room? I promise I won't piss on your laptop. (Can't speak for Sicko tho...)
By sg
:mrgreen:
Attachments
DocsCrater2.jpg
DocsCrater2.jpg (196.42 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
By Wingspan34
hehehehehehe :mrgreen:
By AIRTHUG
For those attending the clinic and looking for affordable and convenient accommodations, a local pilot has offered out the bottom floor of his house for $25/night.

He said he can comfortably sleep 8-10 people! He lives on the north side of the point, so the location is pretty ideal.

If you're interested, you can contact Shadd directly at 801-712-6649 or skyshadd@comcast.net

Shadd has also offered his house as a place for people that choose to camp to grab a shower and clean up a bit...

-Ryan
By noman
after paying 60987899854329877.90 for a gallon of diesel,i would be proud to pay for a place to sleep and shower on the point,i will call him,thankyou
By danG
Shadd is a great guy! This offer is very Shadd-esque ;-) I hope you all have fun out here. The time is getting closer!!!
By Lobido
I hate you all. :x
By AIRTHUG
HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE:

I have 8 deposits/forms as of 5/21 at 10:30 Mountain Time. I have sent an email to all of the attendees with the list of names that I have recieved deposits from- if you believe you have submitted a deposit and form, double check that you recieve that email and your name is on the list.

If you would like to attend and have NOT YET contacted me, submitted a deposit, or filled out the form... I recommend doing that soon, as there are only a few spots open still...

That's all for now...
By Lobido
CRAP crap crap!!

i had a trial scheduled during this period that got cancelled, and I thought I could do this. Then I was reminded by my wife that a close friend is getting married on the 21st, and we are hosting the dinner for guests on the 20th. I had already started working on reservations!

So, when is the next one? I wanna do this so bad I am hurting, a chance to hang with the big dogs!

crap.

Lobido
(Saddened Simian)
By AIRTHUG
Lobido wrote:So, when is the next one? I wanna do this so bad I am hurting, a chance to hang with the big dogs!
I'm sorry you can't make it... it would have been great to see a primate doing aerobatics!

As for the next one, I'd like to be optimistic and say I'll do it again next season, but we'll see how things go, if Mitch (or another aerobatics guru) wants to do it again... We'll see how badly the guys attending this one scare me :shock: :lol:

And when it comes to hanging with the "big dogs", I'm not sure who you're referring to (must be Mitch?), but that's one of the great, although sad, things about this sport... some of the best guys in the world travel from site to site, comp to comp, living out of their car :? Go to any major event and you'll be hanging with the big dogs- they'll even share all (or most) of their secrets, because that's how people seem to be in this sport!

For example, John Heiney happens to be here this week, and he gave someone a hang check on the South side and gave them a little coaching on what to do (they were a little nervous about flying)... and then AFTER they flew they learned who it was that was helping them! Just another reason I love this sport...
By Lobido
I was referring to Mitch, yourself, Radwhacker, Doc, Heavypilot, even that pantywaist, Bill. You guys are gonna have some fun, and I wish I could join you. When I was at Demo Days I met Kari Castle and Aaron Swepstein, and they were nice folks, a little disconcerted to meet an avid fan. You nailed it, this sport, for all its woes, has a certain charm in its small numbered lack of pretension.
By AIRTHUG
I finally got to check out Shadd's place yesterday... those of you that are taking him up on the offer are going to be living quite nicely :thumbsup:
By AIRTHUG
AUGUST 21-23 (Friday-Sun) 2009

Mitch McAleer/Wings Over Wasatch aerobatics clinic

More details to follow :popcorn:
By noman3
whos Mitch McAleer?.
By hgflyer
noman3 wrote:whos Mitch McAleer?.
There are instructors who can teach you how to ride a little pony.
Then, there are instructros who can teach you how to ride a thoroughbred.
Then there is Mitch!

If you want the ultimate ride and skill developement. Learn how to take the bull by the horns!

For all of the conditions Mother nature has to throw at us! Sometimes, it's good to know what riding a bull feels like.

Thoroughbred flying, is a reach into the bulls ass...All top notch hg pilots, can smell what I'm steppin in!!!!
By noman3
oh ya this is mitch!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

I really love to watch this guy fly,i also like how he made us aware of our orientation to the direction we want to enter a maneuver and which direction you want to be going when you exit a maneuver.This is not just a acro clinic,this is a chance to speak to someone who truly has tested the limits and survived.Mitch is a wealth of knowledge and a good friend.Test your limits,boys and girls,this will serve you in rough air some day. :shock:
By Wingspan34
noman3 wrote:. . . This is not just a acro clinic, . . .
No, it's not. It's an aerobatics clinic. I don't mean to be too harsh here but typically only ignorant PG pilots call aerobatics ACRO(batics).

To help with memory problems here's a reminder of what an acrobat looks like:
Attachments
The_Acrobat.jpg
The_Acrobat.jpg (43.96 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
By CHassan
Wingspan34 wrote:
noman3 wrote:. . . This is not just a acro clinic, . . .
No, it's not. It's an aerobatics clinic. I don't mean to be too harsh here but typically only ignorant PG pilots call aerobatics ACRO(batics).

To help with memory problems here's a reminder of what an acrobat looks like:

:rofl:
Smart Watch for HG?

Anyone using smart watches to complement equipment[…]

I love the campsite, but if you're tent camping an[…]

I still listen to AC/DC the Albums with Bon Scott.[…]

SOGA Canada Hang Gliding July 7, 2018 Click the[…]