Discuss the news that appears on the front page of this website.

NOTE: New threads may only be created by the admin in this forum.

Moderators: sg, mods

By AIRTHUG
Aerobatics Clinic:

Wings Over Wasatch is proud to announce their upcoming hang gliding aerobatics clinic, taught by none other than the master himself, Mitch McAleer!!! The three-day event will include instruction and coaching, video analysis, equipment evaluation, and more! Our goal is to educate each attendee on performing safe and progressive maneuvers at each participant’s ability level. The clinic is appropriate for those wanting to learn how to get into aerobatic free flight, individuals who want to maximize their competition scoring, and everyone in between.

The clinic will be held in the Salt Lake/Point of the Mountain area, June 20-23, and the cost is $250 per participant. To review a detailed clinic schedule, click HERE http://www.wingsoverwasatch.com/WoW_web ... 0sched.pdf
or for more information, visit the news/events section of the Wings Over Wasatch website. www.wingsoverwasatch.com
Last edited by AIRTHUG on Mon May 04, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wingspan34
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
By AIRTHUG
Just a little more info:

This clinic is open to USHPA H3 and up pilots! It is NOT a "go out and try your first loop" clinic... Instead it's focused on learning how to safely perform aerobatics, regardless of your level of experience doing them. We will be teaching people how to safely and progressively work towards doing the more difficult maneuvers, so that when you're actually ready to do them you have the knowledge, experience, and skill set to succeed.

If you're interested in aerobatics, but just don't know how to safely get started doing them, this is the place to learn- in a controlled environment, from the best in the world!

And of course if you're already doing aerobatics, this is a great chance to improve your skills, knowledge, and experience level. There are only a handful of people in the WORLD that couldn't learn something from Mitch... and this is the first time he's EVER agreed to do something like this and share what he knows and how he does it! For the most advanced of aerobatic pilots, Mitch will also be covering things like the competition scoring systems, so once you get to that point you will learn how to max the point system!

I've been dreaming of a clinic like this since I started solo flying, and since no one is doing it, I decided to organize it myself! Come on down, it's going to be a LOT of fun!!!
By noman
color me there,im so happy to be able 2 learn from a guy like mitch and i look forward 2 meeting him.This is a dream come true,and i finally get to fly the point!. :shock:
By AIRTHUG
Excellent! You can visit my website for details, but i'm only taking about 10 people max, and the first 10 to return the participant form and deposit are official.

It's going to go out in the OZ report in a day or two, so if you're serious I suggest you get that stuff in ASAP...

Glad to hear someone is as excited about this as I am! See ya in a month noman!
By Radwhacker
Ryan,

I printed out the sign-up form for me and a buddy. I'm wondering if you have a paypal account so we can eliminate the snail mail hassle.
By noman
im sending my envelope out monday,c u there guys. :shock:
By HGr
Nice job on the clinic.....that is definitely the type of class I would be interested in once I am an H3..... :thumbsup:
By AIRTHUG
I do have a paypal account, Ryan@wingsoverwasatch.com... But I haven't used it yet, so I don't promise it's working yet...

Also, if you pay by credit card I have to add 3% because that's what the credit card companies steal from the deal...
By noman
hey fly high we are paying you on paypal,it will come from 2absolute.net and emailing u the form, so i hope im in. :shock:
Last edited by noman on Sun May 11, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By AIRTHUG
Sounds good! I'll post on here when I get access to a computer... I'm in a car on my way down to the kitty hawk spectacular...
By noman
hey fly thanks 4 posting here first,man u made my year! :shock:
By Radwhacker
Ryan,

I just sent some moolah to your paypal account for me and my buddy - I sent an extra 3% but I don't think paypal takes 3%???

Let me know how much you received.

I emailed the sign-up forms to you also.
By Radwhacker
Hey Noman, it will be good to meet you there! My buddy that's coming with me is Sicko Wayne, he'll also be coming to your flyin next weekend with the E-Team contingent.

He's an ok guy even tho he's gay.
By MysticWizard
Anybody besides me having a problem with Ryan's link for the pdf (I just get a screen of gray when I click on the URL)? Rad, how did u get your $moolah$ to him?

Bill
Last edited by MysticWizard on Sun May 11, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Radwhacker
I sent it to paypal using "ryan@wingsoverwasatch.com".

paypal notified me that the payment went thru.
By MysticWizard
I sent my money. It'll be worth it to see whether anyone can actually loop a Sport 2.

:lol:

If anybody is having the same problem as me opening the PDF... Go here, http://www.wingsoverwasatch.com and click on "News and Events".. then click on the Clinic Notice under "Events"
Last edited by MysticWizard on Sun May 11, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Radwhacker
Cool! :thumbsup:
By danG
Radwhacker wrote:Ryan,

I just sent some moolah to your paypal account for me and my buddy - I sent an extra 3% but I don't think paypal takes 3%???

Let me know how much you received.

I emailed the sign-up forms to you also.
I just bought some used equipment using paypal, and they charge $0.30 + 2.9% or something like that, and that was a direct-withdrawal from checking. So yeah, Paypal SUCKS!
By noman
i look forward 2 meeting u rad and dont worry i will get sicko drunk 4 the coyote howl,the red carpet is out for all e teamers :shock:

Subaxtreme got back to me with good information. […]

La Muela de Alarilla, Spain

Cool place, nice edit! Thanks! I saw in GoogleMa[…]

This was a nice flight in my home site, Haldigrat.[…]

Going to see Bent Knee 6 July 18. Courtney Swain, […]