Discuss the news that appears on the front page of this website.

NOTE: New threads may only be created by the admin in this forum.

Moderators: sg, mods

By AIRTHUG

Wings Over Wasatch is proud to announce the Mitch McAleer Aerobatics Clinic will return to Utah, August 21-23! Back by popular demand, the 3-day clinic will build upon last year’s success. The goal is to educate each attendee on performing safe and progressive aerobatic maneuvers. This clinic is aimed at ALL aerobatic enthusiasts- from those looking to learn safely, to veteran upside-downers. Attendees can expect comprehensive instruction complete with video examples, equipment evaluation, video analysis and more.

The clinic will be held in the greater Salt Lake/Point of the Mountain area, August 21-23. Cost is $300 per attendee, with limited slots available. For more information, including a complete event schedule, or to reserve your slot, go to www.wingsoverwasatch.com
Last edited by AIRTHUG on Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ian9toes
Damn lucky yanks. Can you get a camera on board for Mitch's run this time as well as the onground footage, it would be sweet if you could sinc both footage on to a split screen :mosh: :goodidea:
By noman3
if i go,i promise you that we will get a camera on his glider.I asked him at crestline,after we landed if he would mind putting my camera on his glider,next time.He said"hell no".The camera is such a good teaching tool,that if we got footage of him doing what he does,it would improve technique for every1 who does aerobatics.I have learned so much from watching on board cameras.

Ryan i think showing on board footage,of mitch doing aerobatics each day would greatly improve everybodys learning and even help save a life!.

if im there,i will donate my camera for the footage.

GOOD IDEA ian9toes
By AIRTHUG
chriswvv wrote:Seems the link is broken. Any suggestions?
Fixed it. For some reason the last '.' ending the sentence got included in the link...
By AIRTHUG
noman3 wrote:Ryan i think showing on board footage,of mitch doing aerobatics each day would greatly improve everybodys learning
Already part of the plan :thumbsup:

Since I'm a dealer for those GoPro cams, I'll probably put one of them on there :mrgreen:
By dievhart
why only one? lets get at least three on there...front, back and side.....
I mean you have a bunch right? and they are super light right?.....
Diev
By AIRTHUG
dievhart wrote:why only one? lets get at least three on there...front, back and side.....
I mean you have a bunch right? and they are super light right?.....
Diev
For educational purposes, one keel-mounted cam will suffice :crazy:

I want his demonstration to be as accurate as possible, and don't want to be distracting him with cameras and junk...

Now, before/after the clinic, maybe I'll send him up with my DSLR camera to snap some shots... or maybe someone will donate a small/lightweight HD camera?
By AIRTHUG
Just an update, I already have one "definite" (form/deposit pending)...
By AIRTHUG
I now have two "definites" (form and deposit pending)...
By skypimp
Book mark this
By designbydave
If Noman and Radwhacker attend it will be hard for me to stay away!
By AIRTHUG
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of going to this clinic- it was suggested that I create a Facebook Event for the clinic, so people planning on going or thinking of going can see who else is or might be going....

http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?s ... 3257815836

I had a third person tell me they're going to attend... still don't have any forms/deposits, but that's 3 'unofficial' sign ups already...
By AIRTHUG
Forgot to update: Received the first deposit/sign up form 6/6...
By AIRTHUG
ok- still only have ONE person that had the follow-through to send me the sign up sheet and deposit. If people are planning to attend I need to know about it, arrangements need to be made....

:roll:
By noman3
ryan im not going to be there,money is getting way tight.I hope people attend,mitch not only gives good advise on aerobatics,hes a dam good pilot that can school you in other forms of flight.

I dont care if your a hang 2 or a hang 5,u can learn from mitch. :shock:
By CAL
noman3 wrote:ryan im not going to be there,money is getting way tight.I hope people attend,mitch not only gives good advise on aerobatics,hes a dam good pilot that can school you in other forms of flight.

I dont care if your a hang 2 or a hang 5,u can learn from mitch. :shock:

Bummer I was really looking forward to meet you in person ! guess i will have to make the trip down there , then i could meet Carm also and meet up with Jon and Gary and do some flying with you all !
By AIRTHUG
JUST A REMINDER THE AEROBATICS CLINIC IS SNEAKING UP FAST, ABOUT A MONTH AWAY!

IF YOU'VE BEEN PUTTING OFF SENDING IN YOUR FORM/DEPOSIT... IT'S TIME TO DO THAT!
By AIRTHUG
flyhigh013 wrote:JUST A REMINDER THE AEROBATICS CLINIC IS SNEAKING UP FAST, ABOUT A MONTH AWAY!

IF YOU'VE BEEN PUTTING OFF SENDING IN YOUR FORM/DEPOSIT... IT'S TIME TO DO THAT!
Don't know why I didn't say this in any of my other posts, but if anyone/everyone could do me a favor and forward the below link to their local club or flying lists it'd be much appreciated!

http://www.wingsoverwasatch.com/2009_Ae ... linic.html

Well that was worth the wait! Mostly clear air m[…]

Clear L.A. Skies on Friday!

Well mate you just flew above those walls :lol: […]

involuntarylist

Ive had enough. More than enough agitating peopl[…]

I liked your re-edit JD, there is a timeless qua[…]