Discuss the news that appears on the front page of this website.

NOTE: New threads may only be created by the admin in this forum.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Windlord
CHassan wrote:I just got a check from a Nigerian Prince. It is a cashiers check for just over 5 million. I need to cash it and return 3.5 million. If I send it to you will you cash it. You can keep .5 million and Western Union the remaining money to me. ( I think they only allow up to 5k per transaction so you'll have to make multiple transfers.)
I need to Western Union the Prince's portion back to him by the 15th of next month so he can expidite his family from harms way. His mother and father were just killed by the rebels and they are now looking for him and his family too!

:surrender:

I'll get a donation ready for real!
You got one of those emails too? But mine was for only $900k with a $180
FedEx Courier fee. But they admitted they were out of Africa.
By DanTuck
Wingspan34 wrote:
CHassan wrote:I just got a check from a Nigerian Prince. It is a cashiers check for just over 5 million. I need to cash it and return 3.5 million. If I send it to you will you cash it. You can keep .5 million and Western Union the remaining money to me. ( I think they only allow up to 5k per transaction so you'll have to make multiple transfers.)

I need to Western Union the Prince's portion back to him by the 15th of next month so he can expedite his family from harms way. His mother and father were just killed by the rebels and they are now looking for him and his family too! . . .

Wholly Molly! My scam is actually working! :mrgreen: 8)

(Note to self: Mark CHassan down as a true sucker.)

* (it's obvious we're both joking, right? :) )
You mean I shouldn't have given them my bank account number?
By Wingspan34
DanTuck wrote:
Wingspan34 wrote:

I need to Western Union the Prince's portion back to him by the 15th of next month so he can expedite his family from harms way. His mother and father were just killed by the rebels and they are now looking for him and his family too! . . .

Wholly Molly! My scam is actually working! :mrgreen: 8)

(Note to self: Mark CHassan down as a true sucker.)

* (it's obvious we're both joking, right? :) )
You mean I shouldn't have given them my bank account number?

That's right! :rofl:

But . . . I think SG's okay. Hey, SG, you aren't a "Nigerian Prince" are you?
By gerg
Great!

I'll +1 for Paypal being a good service. I know some people were up in arms in the beginning, having an online account tied to a bank account, and all the horrible possibilities that could go on there. But paying through Paypal with a credit card is very simple, and likely has some of the most security controls on protecting your information compared to some of the other fly-by-night transaction companies.

I'll also +1 on the idea for an annual subscription. I'd much rather make one payment a year (like a magazine subscription) than several tiny transactions, and you'd get to keep the extra $3.30/yr per person instead of giving it to Paypal. Not to mention the fact that you'll get it all at once (plus any interest if you throw it in the bank). I'll keep an eye out for the one-time or annual subscription options.

-g
By sg
Adding more paypal options isnt a problem, so ill add that to my todo list.
1. Annual paypal subscriptions
2. One time paypal donate button
By Bill Cummings
Send me a PM with mailing directions and I'll write a years subscription check or money order. Which ever will be best. I know the hands off money transaction is easier for you but I can't get myself to do $ over the internet. Sorry Bill Cummings
By Spark
Thanks SG! :thumbsup:

You've done a great thing here that is well worth paying for.
By Holger
Standing by for the annual option...
By Mrsposer
Holger wrote:Standing by for the annual option...

:ditto: Actually, I'm with Bill Cummings, I'd rather send you a personal check, money order or something for both Randy and I for the year.
By PilotGuy
SG, have you added a one time lump sum option yet?
By sg
No, im holding off until the first week of june.
I have a big block of free time coming up then and will be doing a lot of new stuff including adding more donation options.
By Lobido
Good, I am hoping to get away from the paypal issues. If you want to pm me the new address, and let me know how you'd like the check made out, I could send you some lucre that way.
By FormerFF
sg wrote:No, im holding off until the first week of june.
I have a big block of free time coming up then and will be doing a lot of new stuff including adding more donation options.
Don't forget to use some of that time to go flying. :thumbsup:
By day dreamer
Yea, I could send you some dollars, some lint, and..... wait... no that's a toothpick, nevermind.

This was a flight that ticked so many boxes for my[…]

Hang Gliding Lessons

Anyone interested in learning to hang glide, by o[…]

Dune heaven!

YEA, Johnny! . . . . 8) . . .

Arland D. Williams Jr.

Arland D. Williams Jr. was a true hero. Listen t[…]